What Are the 2018 Honda Civic MPG Ratings?
Did you know that the new Honda Civic is considered a fan-favorite among eco-conscious drivers? The MPG ratings for both the city streets and highways are impressive. There are five trims available with the Civic, and each has the efficiency and power Union drivers are looking for and expect.
MPG Ratings Per Civic Trim
At VIP Honda, it’s our goal to help find the Honda Civic that fits your needs the best, and that includes fuel-efficient vehicle. Below is a quick look at the Honda Civic mpg ratings per trim.
- Civic LX: EPA-estimated 28 mpg city/40 mpg highway* rating
- Civic EX: EPA-estimated 31 mpg city/40 mpg highway* rating
- Civic EX-T: EPA-estimated 31 mpg city/42 mpg highway* rating
- Civic EX-L: EPA-estimated 32 mpg city/42 mpg highway* rating
- Civic Touring: EPA-estimated 32 mpg city/42 mpg highway* rating
The Honda Civic LX, EX, and EX-T have the available continuously variable transmission (CVT) rather than the standard 6-speed manual. With the CVT, you can expect an increase in the fuel economy to an EPA-estimated 31 mpg city/40 mpg city* rating for the LX and EX, and up to 32 mpg city/42 mpg highway* for the EX-T. The EX-L and Touring come standard with the CVT.
Two Honda Civic Engines with Eco Assist System
The 2018 Honda Civic Sedan has two engine options available: The 2.0L 4-cylinder that produces 158 hp and 138 lb-ft of torque, and the 1.5L turbo 4-cylinder that generates 174 hp and 162- to 167 lb-ft of torque. Also included is the Eco Assist System, which allows South Plainfield drivers to save fuel in two ways:
- The system’s color-changing display informs you about how fuel-efficient your driving habits are. If it’s shown green, it’s efficient, and blue means you’re most likely wasting fuel.
- The Eco Assist System can have the ECON button available, and when pushed, it changes the Civic’s performance profile to conserve fuel.
Experience the Honda Civic at VIP Honda!
The 2018 Honda Civic will make driving in Kenilworth more enjoyable, and better yet: efficient. Contact us today to learn more about the fuel-efficient sedan, or to schedule your test drive. We’re here to help find the perfect vehicle for your lifestyle and budget.
More from VIP Honda
Whether you need some extra power on the job site or want to have the strength to haul your trailer or boat to your favorite weekend spot, the Honda Pilot towing capacity has the strength to do it all. Now updated for 2020, VIP Honda is here to break down this powerful SUV’s towing and payload…
Fuel efficiency has always been a focus of the Civic, a focus that remains at the core of every new 2019 Honda Civic Sedan for sale at VIP Honda. For eco-conscious drivers in the Union area, the Honda Civic should jump to the front of sedan choices not only because of its fuel efficiency, but impressive…
The 2019 Honda Civic is a great choice for Union drivers, but which trim level is the best fit for your needs: The Honda Civic LX or EX? Here at VIP Honda, we compare price, features, and more of the 2019 Honda Civic LX and 2019 Honda Civic EX models. Learn More About the Civic View…