What Are the 2019 Honda Civic MPG Ratings?
Fuel efficiency has always been a focus of the Civic, a focus that remains at the core of every new 2019 Honda Civic Sedan for sale at VIP Honda. For eco-conscious drivers in the Union area, the Honda Civic should jump to the front of sedan choices not only because of its fuel efficiency, but impressive power and safety features. For now, we’ll continue to explore the EPA-estimated MPG ratings South Plainfield drivers can expect from the different Honda Civic Sedan trim levels. Find out more about Civic fuel economy below, or contact us with any questions!
MPG Ratings By Civic Trim
There are five different Honda Civic configurations: the LX, Sport, EX, EX-L and Touring. Also, there are two different transmissions to choose from, a continuously variable transmission (CVT) and a standard 6-speed manual transmission. How will this change the fuel efficiency of your new Civic? CVT, an automatic transmission that is standard on EX, EX-L, and Touring trim levels, increases fuel economy. Find out the exact fuel economy specs below:
- Civic LX (6MT): EPA-estimated 25 mpg city/36 mpg highway* rating
- Civic LX (CVT): EPA-estimated 30 mpg city/38 mpg highway* rating
- Civic Sport (6MT): EPA-estimated 25 mpg city/36 mpg highway* rating
- Civic Sport (CVT): EPA-estimated 29 mpg city/37 mpg highway* rating
- Civic EX (CVT): EPA-estimated 32 mpg city/42 mpg highway* rating
- Civic EX-L (CVT): EPA-estimated 32 mpg city/42 mpg highway* rating
- Civic Touring (CVT): EPA-estimated 30 mpg city/38 mpg highway* rating
Two Honda Civic Engines with Eco Assist System
For a compact car, the Honda Civic packs a lot of power into its street strut. With both engine configurations, the Civic sedan is able to balance impressive horsepower and torque with fuel efficiency. The base engine is a 2.0L 4-cylinder that produces 158 hp and 138 lb-ft of torque. The second engine is a 1.5L turbo 4-cylinder that gives drivers 174 hp and 162 to 167 lb-ft of torque, adding up to a fun ride on Kenilworth roads. When it comes to efficient MPG performance, the Eco Assist System gets the most out of both engines in two very specific ways:
- The system informs the driver of how fuel efficient they are, bringing an awareness that create better habits. Drivers are alerted by a color-changing display around the speedometer that details how their driving is affecting the fuel consumption of their Honda. Green means your driving habits are efficient, blue means the opposite.
- The Eco Assist System has an available ECON button. Press it, and the Honda Civic will change to a driving profile that conserves fuel.
Test Drive the Honda Civic at VIP Honda in North Plainfield!
At VIP Honda, we’re confident in the power, comfort, and fuel efficiency of the 2019 Honda Civic. If you’re still wondering if the Civic is your new North Plainfield commuter car, you can you’re welcome to research it further with our guides on Honda Civic safety ratings or color options, resetting a Civic oil light, and Honda Civic LX and EX differences. And if you can’t wait to get behind the wheel of a 2019 Honda Civic, check our our lease offers and finance specials—then schedule a test drive with us today!
More About the 2019 Civic Features
Fuel efficiency has always been a focus of the Civic, a focus that remains at the core of every new 2019 Honda Civic Sedan for sale at VIP Honda. For eco-conscious drivers in the Union area, the Honda Civic should jump to the front of sedan choices not only because of its fuel efficiency, but impressive…
The Honda Civic has a long legacy of safety and reliability; the 2019 Honda Civic delivers on both of those aspects. Become confident in the Honda Civic by exploring the safety ratings and safety features below; then look at our inventory to find the perfect Honda Civic for sale near Union at VIP Honda. Learn More…