What are the Benefits of Electric Cars?
The benefits of electric cars, beyond the straightforward environmental benefits of electric cars, are numerous. All in all, the benefits of electric vehicles mean they are already better for day to day driving than standard internal combustion engine (or ICE) vehicles for most Union and South Plainfield area drivers. Take a look at the reasons for this below, and get in touch with us if you have any questions!
Benefits of Electric Vehicles
Here’s why electric vehicles are more than just trendy new vehicles:
- Practicality: Electric vehicles can have more internal space because batteries can be under floor, and motors are much smaller than engines.
- Safety: Because an engine isn’t in the middle of a vehicle’s crumple zone, electric vehicles can be made much safer, not to mention the anti-rollover benefits of the extremely low center of gravity of electric vehicles with floor-mounted batteries.
- Speed: We’ve probably all seen the videos of electric cars smoking the fastest supercars, and while EVs often aren’t built for speed, even without a performance focus their more efficient motors offer instant torque.
- Reliability: The motors are also simpler, making a huge chunk of the common maintenance and repair items ICE vehicles face simply non-existent.
- Convenience: A primary benefit of electric cars is that you can wake up to a fully charged EV in your garage, for much less cost than it takes to fill up at a gas station. To take full advantage of home charging, contact us for details!
What to Do Before Buying an EV
- Prepare Your Garage: A home charging station is something an electrician can install, which will give you the full benefits of an EV. Because electricity is much easier to generate than gasoline is to refine, it’s several times cheaper to power your car with electricity.
- Find Local Charging Stations: If you don’t have a garage, find out where local charging stations are, just to confirm how practical an EV is for you.
- Explore Incentives: EVs commonly have available tax credits up to $7,500.
Learn More About Electric Cars Today at VIP Honda!
Whether your budget calls for a search for used vehicles, or you’re wondering how to quickly make an EV switch and how to trade in a car that’s not paid off, visit our showroom near Kenilworth today!
More from VIP Honda
As one of the first subcompact crossovers on the market, the Honda HR-V was always a trendsetter. Now the 2023 Honda HR-V has arrived with a slick redesign, perfect for turning heads around Union and saving money through improved aerodynamic efficiency. The 2023 Honda HR-V redesign once again puts the Honda HR-V ahead of…
Honda SUVs are built with intention, and part of that is knowing you can be as safe as possible on South Plainfield roads. VIP Honda dives into the specific safety ratings of the 2022 Honda HR-V to give drivers a better idea of how Honda Safety ranks among peers. Top safety experts have rewarded the Honda HR-V…
Families around Union love the Honda Odyssey for its comfortable driving experience and the cabin full of innovative features. While you may know the new Honda Odyssey features efficient performance and spacious interior space, you may not know it also offers strong towing power. The 2022 Honda Odyssey towing capacity can reach up to…