Does Honda or Toyota Offer Better Safety Features?
Honda and Toyota have been at the forefront of the market when it comes down to helpful safety technologies for your Union commute. Both Honda Sensing Suite, which can be found in models like the Honda Civic, and Toyota Safety Sense technologies employ active features to help crashes from occurring.
But which safety package – and, as a consequence, which brand – is best for me? Compare the two systems below and then learn more about the two brands by comparing the Honda Odyssey vs. Toyota Sienna.
Honda Sensing vs. Toyota Safety Sense
The Honda Sensing Suite, like Toyota Safety Sense, offers:
- Lane Departure Warning – emits a helpful warning in the event of drifting.
- Forward Collision Warning – alerts you in the unlikely event of a collision, and automatically engages the brakes if you respond too slowly.
- Auto High-Beam Headlights – switches between high- and low-beam lights depending on select conditions.
- Adaptive Cruise Control – helps you maintain space between the vehicle in front of you, during your Seattle commute.
What does Honda Sensing Offer that Toyota Safety Sense Doesn’t?
However, the Honda Sensing Suite offers additional safety features – features your South Plainfield family shouldn’t miss out on. They include:
- Honda LaneWatch™ – any time you signal right, the camera on the right passenger-side mirror will display live video on your Touch-Screen.
- Blind Spot Information System – when your turning signal is on and your Honda detects a vehicle in the lane next to you, a helpful warning sound emits.
- Lane Keeping Assist System – adjusts your steering to center your Honda between lane markers.
- Cross Traffic Monitor – when your Honda is in reverse, this system warns you of a vehicle approaching from behind.
Which 2018 Honda Vehicles Have Honda Sensing Standard?
Coupes, Hatchbacks, Plug-ins, Sedans, and Subcompacts
- 2018 Honda Accord – standard on all models
- 2018 Honda Civic Coupe – standard on Touring
- 2018 Civic Hatchback – standard on Sport Touring
- 2018 Civic Sedan – standard on Touring
- 2018 Clarity Plug-In Hybrid – standard on all models
- 2018 Fit – standard on EX and EX-L
Crossovers, Pickups, SUVs, and Vans
- 2018 CR-V – standard on EX, EX-L, and Touring
- 2018 Odyssey – standard on EX, EX-L, Touring and Elite
- 2018 Pilot – standard on Touring and Elite
- 2018 Ridgeline – standard on RTL-E and Black Edition
In addition, many of the listed 2018 Honda vehicles have Honda Sensing available. Honda Sensing is also standard on many flagship Honda vehicles of 2017.
Consult our friendly staff at VIP Honda if you have questions about which Honda vehicle has the Honda Sensing Suite available, or if you’d like to schedule a test drive in a new Honda model. Compare Honda Sensing to other safety features such as Subaru Eyesight to learn more. Check out some of the other advanced Honda features such as HondaLink and view the offers we have that make buying a Honda at VIP Honda more affordable!
With a history of safety and reliability to back it up, the 2019 Honda Civic continues to push the envelope with advanced safety and driver assist technologies. Learn more about the Honda Civic safety features and Civic safety ratings below, then browse our inventory to find a Honda Civic for sale at VIP Honda near Union….
When you invest in new tires you want to make them last as long as possible. At VIP Honda we want to help you keep your tires in top shape with proper maintenance and care. Learn more about the ways to keep up your vehicle’s tires with us, and be sure to visit our tire center…
You might know the best pizza in Plainfield and the coffee in New Brunswick, but what about the great outdoors? There are tons of gorgeous parks in Edison, NJ that are just waiting to be discovered. Whether you want to play a little bocci ball with the family or enjoy a quiet morning of fishing,…