What Is Forward Collision Warning?
Forward Collision Warning (FCW) is a collision warning system available on Honda models like all trim levels of the Honda Civic and is included in the Honda Sensing® suite. Find out how this safety technology works below, then explore our inventory to find an FCW-equipped Honda for sale at VIP Honda.
How Does FCW Work?
The Forward Collision Warning system operates at speeds at or above 3 mph and uses sensors to detect the vehicles directly in front of you, to alert drivers of possible collisions to avoid on South Plainfield roads*. Below is the play-by-play of how the system operates:
- The FCW detects that the distance between your vehicle and the vehicle in front of you is diminishing.
- The system compares the two vehicles’ speeds to calculate the risk an impending collision.
- To alert the driver, the FCW emits a beeping sound, and flashes a “Brake” message on the Multi-Information Display
- The driver can then brake to either avoid or reduce the impact of the collision.
- If your vehicle also has the Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™), your vehicle with automatically begin to apply the brakes if you do not react in time.
Which Honda Models Have Forward Collision Warning?
As part of the Honda Sensing suite, Forward Collision Warning is offered on most Honda vehicles, from the Honda Accord to the Honda CR-V. You can even enjoy FCW standard on every trim level of the following Honda models:
- 2018 Honda Accord Sedan
- 2018 Honda Clarity Electric
- 2018 Honda Clarity Fuel Cell
- 2018 Honda Clarity Plug-In Hybrid
- 2019 Honda Insight Hybrid
- 2019 Honda Pilot SUV
Get Better Peace of Mind with a Honda
Learn more about Honda features like Honda Sensing® and HondaLink at VIP Honda, and experience Honda safety in person by scheduling a test drive in the Kenilworth area. Be sure to explore our variety of Honda models like the powerful Honda Pilot!