Honda Sensing®: An Advanced Suite of Honda Safety Features
The new Honda lineup is decorated with a full range of industry accolades for safety. This is due, in part, to Honda’s generous range of available safety features, including Honda Sensing®, a driver assist suite that comes with technologies like:
- Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM)
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™)
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
Here we take a closer look at all the Honda Sensing® features currently available to drivers in North Plainfield, NJ at VIP Honda.
Get the help you need with a pair of collision avoidance features that work in tandem:
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW) – This system is able to recognize when the closing speed is increasing too quickly and sends the driver a visual and audible warning to apply the brakes.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™) – If the driver fails to apply the brakes in time, CMBS™ may intervene by applying full braking force autonomously.
Centered & On Track
Stay on the road and in your lane with the help of the following set of camera-based warning and mitigation systems:
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW) – This feature is able to read when the vehicle is leaving the center of its lane and can send a warning to the driver to make a steering correction.
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS) – If the driver doesn’t make a correction, LKAS may direct the vehicle back to the center of the lane gently through the directed application of torque.
- Road Departure Mitigation System (RDMS) – If your vehicle is about to go off the road, this feature sends a warning and may intervene to prevent its departure.
Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
When you engage ACC, the vehicle will maintain your set cruise control speed until it approaches another vehicle, at which point it will accelerate and brake automatically in order to maintain a safe following distance.
Test Out Honda Sensing® Near Union at VIP Honda
From the Honda CR-V crossover to the Honda Accord sedan and beyond, the Honda Sensing® suite can be found on a wide range of new Hondas, many of which are available near Edison at VIP Honda, where we have competitive prices and low APR financing available. Compare Honda Sensing to other safety systems like Toyota Safety Sense to see for yourself how valuable it is. Come by and see us at 700 US-22 East in North Plainfield, NJ, or contact us with any questions at 908-753-1500.